Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 4th weekend





BEST BUDS


ETHAN & CALEB


OK, so I'm not very good at this blog thing yet, but I'm getting there. For the 4th of July weekend we went up to Brighton and had breakfast with Ryan's Mom, Dad & little brothers T.J. and Carter. After we went for a walk around the lake. Ethan was crying because his shoes were hurting. We stopped and figured out that his shoes were too small. (He is now wearing a size 12!) So between Grandpa and Daddy, we made it through with him. Caleb on the other hand had to stop and look at every little thing that he saw. This dirt looks different, look at this log, look at the water etc... Needless to say, he and Grandma were the last ones to the car. After we drove over the pass and into Midway. There we stopped and had a chat with Aunt Jill in the Midway house.
We also went up to my parents house up in Wallsburg. There we got to play outside with the kittens and ride the 4 wheelers. Grandpa and Daddy went fishing on our boat the next morning. I think that my Dad was a bit upset that Ryan caught more fish than he did. Ryan's cousin Conner and his family with Aunt Jill, came up to Wallsburg to see where I grew up.
It has also been 6 years on the 4th that my Mom had her brain aneurysm. We almost lost her. The doctors kept saying that she had about a 1% chance to survive. She has been such a miracle to all of us. She is doing well, even tho she says that she is not. She still has a hard time remembering things.


1 comment:

Tennant Family said...

That sounds like a blast! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the holiday! And I'm really glad that your mom is doing well, even thought the lack of memory can be frustrating for all involved. It's so fun to keep up on what is going on in your lives!